Costa Rica women, both young and old, refer to themselves proudly as Tica (singular) or Ticas (plural). Thus, my wife is Tica and my daughter is half Tica and half American.
The Untold Truth
Probably one of the largest myths, which is really based in gringo sex tourism, is that Tica is synonymous with prostitute. This is a large exaggeration and could get you into trouble in some cases. That said, yes there are very many beautiful and exotic Costa Rican women. If you want to get a sampling, just check out the local newspaper called La Teja. Now, here you will find what I would consider to be Costa Rican women, who are amateur models. Do they make a living modeling? Certainly Not! They probably all have regular jobs somewhere in Costa Rica. This could be working in a hotel, restaurant or even the local grocery store. For your entertainment, I will include photos of sexy Costa Rican women throughout this post, courtesy of La Teja Newspaper. Please also not that these women are amateur models, and have nothing to do with the sex industry. Near the bottom, a hotel recommendation is also included, where you are guaranteed to meet 100% Costa Rican women.
Press the PLAY button below to listen to the TCR Podcast Episode 2 which discusses this topic.
Costa Rica Women
Costa Rica is a country of about 4 million residents. If you review statistics. less than 1% of all women living in Costa Rica, earn money from the sex trade. Of this small percentage, a large majority of the women are foreigners from countries like Colombia, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. This means that in Costa Rica, there are roughly 40,000 sex workers total. Of those 40,000 sex workers, less than half are Ticas or of Costa Rican descent. Thus, 20,000 or less; or, less than half of one percent of women in Costa Rica are prostitutes. If you choose to partake in this activity, bear in mind, that Costa Rica has very strict laws about the age limit. If you do not take this seriously, you will face a long time in prison in Costa Rica. After your Costa Rica jail term, you will also face a long time in prison in the US. Do not make a mistake!
How does this statistic stack-up with other countries in the world? I honestly do not know. However, I don’t think it is different than the US or Canada. Since, it is illegal in the US, it is difficult to arrive at statistics. However, perhaps someone reading this blog can prove me right or wrong? If you want a practical guide to finding love in San Jose, you will find no better than the guide here:
You don’t have to try to hard to come across what I call party girls in Costa Rica. The video below shows some girls who are being paid a small amount of money to shake their money maker on stage at the Fiesta de Palmares. In reality, you can find girls just like this anywhere in Costa Rica. They live the life of partying. They like loud music, preferably Reggaeton. They stay out all night and sleep all day. Since they are pretty girls, they usually don’t have to work. They kind of just live off of people. For example, if you want one as your girlfriend, you can pretty much sizer her up by how much she will cost weekly. I see them everywhere. They were tempting when I was single, but I stayed away, because I didn’t want the overhead.
As I have said repeatedly, don’t confuse the term tica with prostitute. Too many gringos come down on vacation and seem to think the two are the same. That said, prostitution is a legal profession in Costa Rica. The only illegal part is pimping and solicitation in the public. Thus, they cannot legally walk the streets. They must employ their trade inside a casino or hotel, or the various night clubs around town. Since they are not in danger of being arrested, they are actually quite casual about it. Its just another job. You might hear them say, I need to go to work. This means that they need to go to the casino or hotel, where they sell their services.
If you decide to engage with them, do not mistreat them. They are protected by law. You will find yourself on a fast road to a small jail cell, where you will stay for some months, until you cool off. Treat them with respect and understand that many come from some pretty terrible backgrounds. Don’t be surprised if she is a thief, that is how she was brought up. Many of them do have fingers that can move quickly through your belongings, so be aware of this. Despite what she thinks, her poor upbringing does not give her the “right” to be a thief. Nor, does it provide her with some kind of get out of jail free card. If you are a victim of theft, probably the best thing you can do is report it to the hotel security and get her banned. Even though a jail cell is more fitting, cutting her off from her place of work, might also send the message across.
In all, this topic is well covered on other blogs, but I need a landing page, because I get traffic that is looking for this topic. If you are interested, enjoy a video of the girls. If you plan to fly down to see them, you are welcome, and I hope you trust me as an certified Expedia Affiliate and book using this site: http://hotels.tipscostarica.com/templates/423085 Minor disclaimer – if you book through this web site, you will have to done your own researching to see if the hotel permits this kind of activity. It is an easy question – do you allow female guests? If so, what is the guest fee? They will know exactly what you are asking.
Where to Meet Costa Rican Women?
It is very easy to meet a large variety of Costa Rican women in San Jose. However, the easiest way by far is to head to certain hotels, in what they call La Zona Roja. Here you will find Ticas and beautiful women from all over Latin America, including Colombia, Venezuela, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic.
Hotel Dunn Inn, Barrio Amon – Rooms start at $74
This is an excellent hotel and a great place to meet Costa Rican women. The restaurant and lounge area has just been renovated, as have many of the rooms. The hotel also now has a small casino and poker room. This area is within walking minutes of all the adult entertainment you could ever imagine. You are also in a very historic part of the city which features Spanish architecture. There are very many nice restaurants, art galleries, museums and other attractions to explore.
To meet the women, just make your way down to the lobby bar around happy hour, where the ladies usually get some free drinks. You will be pleasantly surprised by the crowd that starts at happy hour.
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary WIFI
- Free breakfast
- A small casino and poker table
Latinas versus Gringas
There is a very large difference between Latinas and Gringas. Here is a list of characteristics that I see everyday:
- Latinas are 100% women. They know the role well and they like it. They like to be mother and wife. They are okay with the role of housewife, providing the man can bring in the bread. Latinas see men and women as different things all together. The man should work. The woman should clean. The main should fix things around the house. The woman should change diapers and do laundry. On the other hand, Gringas seem to be caught up in modern day Oprah Winfrey-ism. Just like men, they have a strong competitive instinct. Its all about social and career status. They don’t see a large division in role between the man and woman. They believe that the guy should help with diaper changes. They think it is okay to pursue their career and let daddy stay home and babysit the kids. They want to control the finances and check on the investments. They need to plan ahead and see you a strong contributor to their future. In summary, Latinas and Gringas have a very different perception of their role in the family.
- Latinas blood runs much hotter than gringas. You can interpret that in several ways. They like to dance, and they are damn good at it. They can dance all day and all night, and not even tire. They get angry easily. However, the anger is different. It doesn’t last weeks, its usually short-term. In fact, they can even still have sex when they are angry. Trust me – I’m certified in this category. And last but not least, Latin women are hotter in bed. There you have it. This is the undeniable truth. Gringas are warm blooded, but they don’t have a fire burning inside of them. They get angry, but its softer and more calculated. They can hold a grudge for weeks or months. Some dance, but it doesn’t look the same. Latinas seemed to put an extra wiggle into every steps, which streams from their hot Spanish origins.
- Latinas like to be hit upon. They show off their money maker, and reciprocate when a male calls their attention. No, they don’t consider it to be rude. Gringas think you are being an obnoxious or chauvanistic pig. We don’t live in caves anymore or act your age! In my experience, Gringas will size you up by your socioeconomic status and your value to their future happiness. The definition of chauvinism – an attitude of superiority toward members of the opposite sex. Gringas like competition so they hate the fact that you can’t just respect them for that and treat them as equal.
I find Costa Rican women to be a refreshing change from the stereotype that I’m familiar with in the United States. They are naturally beautiful. They take care of themselves. Although they probably have not made the same socio-economic progress that Gringas have made back at home, they are not far behind. They tend to be very family orientated and much more conservative from a social and political standpoint. They also have more of a live in the moment attitude. When you think about it, living in the moment is totally contrary to how we are programmed in the US. So, I think it is actually a healthy balance for me. I have spent my whole life worrying about the future. My latina wife has helped me to live more in ‘”today”.
My Costa Rican wife is my world. She is the best mother. She is saavy, funny, cute and sexy and we both feel that we will grow old together.
Here is some more reading on this topic:
- Pura Vida en Costa Rica! – Girls At Play, LLC – WaterGirlsAtPlay.com – By Em Shanblatt. “Pura Vida” is a staple to every Costa Rican’s lexicon. Literally translating to “pure life,” it’s a phrase unique to their country and is proudly owned by all the locals and natives. They use the phrase ubiquitously …
- 2. SEX OR GOING FISHING? for Love and Lust in Costa Rica – Love and Lust in Costa Rica … due to the preconceptions that what occurs in Third World countries is “not really prostitution” and that the “girls …
- Costa Rica Topless Calendar Girls – Sportsbetting Forums … – Powered by vBulletin …
- Prostitutes in Jaco Beach Costa Rica | Trailsurfers – Jaco Beach in Costa Rica is famous for three things – its proximity to great rainforests, the regular surf pounding the beach and its legal brothels. The brothels, which seem to render the most interest, are considered top range …
- Costa Rica is wild! | GlobetrotterGirls Travel – We’ve spotted ‘exotic’ wildlife throughout Central America, but nothing like what we saw once we got to Costa Rica – check out our Wild Costa Rica photos!
- Girls, Girls, Girls! – Costa Rica Girls – Girls, girls, girls! Costa Rica is one of the world’s leading bachelor party destinations for a good reason; the women are out of this world! Even the United States’ most exotic cities like Miami and LA pale in comparison to the …